Goals for 2019
May 15, 2019
last updated December 29th
In 2018 I had one goal - to spend 180 nights outdoors. This provided a good guide for the direction of my life and influenced a lot of my decisions. I ended 2018 having spent 161 nights outdoors.
For 2019 I have different ambitions, and these goals are meant to help be intentional in which direction I go this year.
- Exercise 4 days a week for an hour or more✓ On track
- Climb at a 5.12 levelMade it to the top of a 5.12- route, but currently at a 5.11+ level, started at 5.9.
- Lead climb one route outdoors✓ Completed
- Climb a mountain that requires an ice axe✓ Completed - Mt. Adams
- Read 14 books14 completed, 2 in progress. See reading.
- Make $1,000 through something I’ve madeNo progress
- Attend 4 different meet ups✓ Completed
- Reply to everyone who reaches out to me within 24 hours✓ On top of it
- Reach out to and meet with 3 people who inspire me✓ Completed
- Teach four people a skill in person✓ Completed
- Only drive once per week (in town)Was on track most of the year. Last three months have slipped.
- Buy red meat no more than once every 2 weeks✓ On track
- Don’t eat any meat 3 days each weekAt about 1 day a week
- Write 6 blog posts✓ 1 technical blog post written, 5 photo posts
Written by Mike Guida who enjoys prolonged outdoor adventures and building stuff with software. Follow him on Twitter